PhD: Tactile Robotics - superresolution techniques in the domain of artificial tactile sensing
You will support the activities of the University of Bristol on the EPSRC Research Grant on Tactile Superresolution Sensing (EP/M02993X/1). Superresolution encompasses a range of techniques for transcending the resolution limit of a sensor and earned the 2014 Nobel Prize in Chemistry (for superresolved microscopy). The success of this research will enable the widespread uptake of superresolution techniques in the domain of artificial tactile sensing, potentially impacting multiple application areas across robotics from autonomous quality control in manufacturing to sensorized grippers for autonomous manipulation to sensorized prosthetic hands and medical probes in healthcare.
You will be expected to support the activities of the Tactile Robotics Research Group at Bristol Robotics Laboratory, including contributing to the supervision of MSc Research Students, attending and presenting at International Conferences on Robotics, and writing Research Papers on the outcomes of your research.
Further Particulars -
- Upper second class degree in a relevant discipline, such as Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics
- Basic skills and knowledge required.
- Scholarship covers full UK PhD tuition fees, an EPSRC stipend (£14,057 in 2015/16).
Dr Nathan Lepora ([email protected])
For general enquiries, please email [email protected]
To apply for this studentship submit a PhD application using our online application system [http://www.bristol.ac.uk/pg-howtoapply]
Please ensure that in the Funding section you tick “I would like to be considered for a funding award from the Department” and specify the title of the scholarship in the “Further details” box below.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom