Professorship in Atmospheric Sciences (open rank)
We are seeking a scientist with a strong record of innovative and high-impact research in the broader fields of Atmospheric Sciences.
The successful candidate will help to develop and strengthen the division of Geoscience within the Department of Environmental Sciences (http://duw.unibas.ch).
Candidates applying are expected to demonstrate internationally recognized scholarly activities with a strong record of externally funded research. Preference is given to candidates who investigate the interactions between the atmosphere and the Earth's surface. Particularly encouraged to apply are candidates interested in either of the following research areas:
1) Atmospheric trace gas fluxes- and transport processes and their interaction with the biosphere, pedosphere and/or hydrosphere.
2) Feedback and feedforward mechanisms between climate, trace gasses, aerosols and energy.
3) Quantification of chemical conversion processes in the atmosphere.
The successful candidate is expected to teach basic courses in meteorology and climatology both at the undergraduate (in german and english) and graduate (in english) levels, and to contribute to the development of the degree programs BSc and MSc in Geosciences, in particular the major in geography and climatology, as well as the degree programs BA and MA in Geography.
The University of Basel is an equal opportunity and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity. To increase the number of women in leading academic positions, the University strongly encourages applications from women.
Application / Contact
Applications including letter of motivation, CV, list of publications,
and a statement of research and teaching interests should be sent
by e-mail as one pdf-document to Prof. Dr. Jörg Schibler,
Dean of Faculty of Science, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 50,
4056 Basel, Switzerland, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please address requests for further information to
Prof. Dr. Moritz Lehmann, Dean of Research (email@example.com).
The application deadline is 10 September 2016.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Geography Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland