Senior Director, Advancement Services
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President (Advancement), the Senior Director of Advancement Services is responsible for providing strategic leadership and senior management of the infrastructure and central services necessary to promote and sustain university-wide and faculty-based fundraising and alumni activities. This includes ensuring operational efficiency and supporting a service culture within Advancement Services.
The Senior Director is responsible for overall strategic direction, integration, and management of the key components of Advancement Services including: Information Services, Donation Services, Advancement Records, and Finance and Administration. The Senior Director has overall responsibility for leading and sustaining important infrastructure for future fund-raising growth, front-line activities for centrally- and faculty-based staff, and the Office of Alumni Relations’ activities.
- Undergraduate degree in business, management, or related area; advanced degree strongly preferred
- Extensive and progressively responsible leadership experience, with knowledge and experience in financial management, organizational design, human resource administration, infrastructure development, information technology and project management
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to effectively lead and integrate operational functions
- Demonstrated progressively responsible business, strategic, and operational planning experience
- Broad knowledge of organizational performance measurement and monitoring
- Proven record of success in positive leadership; specifically, in successfully inspiring, mentoring, and coaching direct reports and large teams
- Demonstrated project management skills to oversee complex projects, improve business processes, and lead change
- Understanding of fundraising methods and principles including annual fund, principal gifts, major gifts, and planned giving programs
- Familiarity with best practices in fundraising operations
- An understanding of charitable giving regulations and information management regulations in Canada
- Demonstrated success within a comprehensive advancement program in an academic or major non-profit setting
In accordance with the Administrative Professional Officer agreement, this full-time continuing position offers a comprehensive benefits package, which can be viewed at www.hrs.ualberta.ca, and an annual salary range commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested parties are requested to submit a personal resume to Elizabeth Hurley or Sonny Kapoor, Davies Park, Executive Search Consultants. Electronic resumes to email@example.com are preferred; however, faxes may be forwarded to (780) 426-2936. For further information, please call Davies Park at 780-420-9900.