PhD Studentship: Active Vibration Control using Nonlinear Electrical Damping
Location: Highfield Campus
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 February 2017
Reference:ISVR-SPCG-123 Project Themes: Mechatronics, signal processing and control
This project will involve the development of nonlinear control strategies such as nonlinear electrical damping for vibration control and energy harvesting. Theoretical work involves implementing electrical damping in the form of on-off, impulsive, polynomial and other nonlinear forms to achieve better performance in vibration control. Both numerical and analytical simulations will be carried out to obtain the response. Experiments will be carried out to validate the theoretical developments. The nonlinear electrical damping can be achieved using programmable resistive load. In addition, an appropriate design of an electrical circuit will be considered to control both damping and frequency. Potential exploitation of nonlinearity in the design of energy harvesters will also be investigated.
If you wish to discuss any details of the project informally, please contact Dr Maryam Ghandchi Tehrani, Signal Processing and Control research group, Email: email@example.com, Tel: +44 (0) 2380 59 4933
To apply please use the following link http://www.southampton.ac.uk/engineering/postgraduate/research_degrees/apply.page? and select Faculty of Engineering and the Environment.
- Job Description and Person Specification
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom