The Division of Pharmaceutical Biology, Pharmacenter, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled scientist with a flair for modern natural products discovery and characterization.
- Bioactivity-driven natural products discovery projects with our technology platform for HPLC-based activity profiling combining on-line (PDA, ELSD, MS/MS) and off-line (microprobe NMR) spectroscopy with bioassays that are operated in house or with local and international co-operations
- Overall responsibility for the NMR instrument of the research group (Bruker 500 MHz, with 1 mm TXI and 5 mm BB probes, and autosampler)
- PhD in Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or Natural Products Chemistry
- Strong expertise in structure elucidation by means of modern spectroscopic methods, in particular, hands-on experience in high-field NMR using advanced pulse sequences.
- Committment for organizing NMR support for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Strong publication record documenting the ability for high-quality research
- Experience with chemometric data analysis, in silico tools for spectral simulation, including ECD calculation would be desirable.
- A position in an international and highly productive research group
- Involvement with interdisciplinary drug discovery projects
- The position is for 2 years initially, with possibility for extension
For more information on the technology platform and current research, please consult our website at http://www.pharma.unibas.ch
Applications (via Email only) to
Prof. Matthias Hamburger, Pharmaceutical Biology, Pharmacenter
Klingelbergstrasse 50, CH-4056 Basel, Switzerland