Research Fellow (Chemical Engineering)
To undertake research in the area of multiphase flows and process intensification using state of the art computational and experimental tools.
- Develop computational models of various multiphase systems to gain new insights and new ideas for enhancing their performance.
- Specifically develop computational models for hydrodynamic cavitation as well as crystallization (multiphase flows with phase change).
- Use these models and insights for extending applications of hydrodynamic cavitation to biogas generation and utilization of CO
- Collaborate with academic and industrial partners.
- Establish required experimental facilities in the laboratory.
- Participate in the development of the research strategy.
- Normal duties will apply, including the preparation of reports and research/journal papers and assisting in supervising of PhD students.
Planning and Organising:
- Plan own day-to-day activity within the framework of the agreed research programme.
- Contribute to the planning of research projects, reports and publications etc usually 1-6 months in advance.
Resource Management Responsibilities:
- Ensure research resources are used in an effective and efficient manner. Provide guidance as required to support staff and any students who may be assisting with research.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Liaise with research colleagues and support staff on routine matters.
- Make internal and external contacts to develop knowledge and understanding and form relationships for future collaboration.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or related engineering subject.
- Hold or about to obtain a PhD in Chemical Engineering or a related subject.
- Recent and relevant experience of computational modelling and multiphase flows at postgraduate or postdoctoral level.
- High quality publication record commensurate with stage of career.
- An excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is required for report writing and presentations.
- Ability to prepare journal and conference papers.
- A high level of literacy and scientific logic is essential. Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to design and to establish experimental set-ups.
- Be prepared to supervise and interact with PhD students.
- Organised and attentive to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Dedicated to & focussed on gaining new insights and translating them into process intensification.
- Willingness to work irregular hours as needed.
- Experience of designing and setting up multiphase flow experiments, particularly cavitation or crystallization.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Biochemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom