Assistant Registrar, Student Connect (Acting)
Overseeing two functional areas of the office (Student Services and Volunteer Management and Partnerships), the Assistant Registrar Student Connect will work to ensure an effective cross-functional student service experience. The successful candidate will work with the team to deliver support to current and prospective students, as well as facilitate seamless transition assistance to students requiring referral to existing service providers across campus.
The Assistant Registrar Student Connect contributes to the RO’s strategic direction and the strategic enrolment management strategies for the University of Alberta. The position provides vision and leadership in the research, design and delivery of effective and efficient services for the business unit. As a member of the RO management team, the incumbent will work collaboratively to ensure consistency and efficiency in service delivery, department processes, and alignment with other department's action plans.
The Assistant Registrar Student Connect provides direction and management to Student Connect staff and services related to the first stop (whether in person or virtually) for current and prospective students, parents, school counsellors, and those planning to visit the University of Alberta campus. The position is accountable for managing budgets and a staff unit comprised of up 20 employees. The Student Connect unit collaborates with all other RO units and with faculties and departments across campus to deliver services in the areas of undergraduate student services, campus tours, general advising, and responds to inquiries and requests related to undergraduate admissions and registration, academic records, examinations, scheduling, convocation, fees, student awards, and financial support. In addition, the position develops annual plans based on the vision of senior University and RO management groups and in direct response to constantly evolving enrolment management and student service demands.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Progressively responsible management experience with a strong commitment to service including establishing and maintaining partnerships, building teams, and leading, guiding, and coaching staff
- Have a solid understanding of undergraduate student services
- High level of critical thinking and excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to operate within a complex and highly decentralized work environment
- Ability to act decisively and to exercise initiative and strong judgement on a wide range of issues
- Ability to work in conjunction with and take direction from senior administration
- Ability to lead, inspire, motivate and manage staff
- Ability to research, analyze and summarize complex issues and statistical data
- Superior oral and written presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, and mediation skills
- Extensive knowledge of the University of Alberta’s policies, procedures and operating requirements
- An understanding of the structure and issues facing a large post-secondary institution
- Demonstrated experience leading and implementing change including developing new strategies, policies, processes and procedures
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Campus Solutions and Microsoft Office
In accordance with the Sessional and Other Temporary Staff Agreement, this position has a term length of one year, offers a comprehensive benefits package found at www.hrs.ualberta.ca and an annual salary range of $64,932 to $108,150.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.