Clinical Research Fellow
Location: Southampton General Hospital
Salary: £32,156 to £45,757 per annum
Full Time Fixed Term
Closing Date: Monday 31 October 2016
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This post offers the opportunity to gain experience in cancer research as part of a comprehensive centre for treatment and research. It is designed to fulfil the requirements for an out-of-programme experience for a specialist trainee in oncology, surgery, pathology or other disciplines related to cancer, but may also be suitable for an individual who does not yet have a national training number and wishes to pursue a career in the cancer field. You will take part in a structured training programme of research leading to submission of a higher degree (PhD or MD), and there are excellent opportunities to maintain your clinical skills within the Southampton Cancer Centre.
The post is not formally recognised for training, but there are well-developed site specialised multidisciplinary teams that afford the opportunity to gain expertise in the outpatient and inpatient management of all tumour types. There is no out of hour’s commitment.
- This is a 3 year fixed term contract in the first instance.
- This role requires an Enhanced DBS clearance.
- Visits to the Centre are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Professor Peter Johnson (Tel: 023 8120 6186).
- You should submit your completed online application form at www.jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Jennifer Dickson (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 3462. Please quote reference 787216CM on all correspondence.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom