Senior Manager (Research)
The Outreach and Research Programme of the Department of Paediatrics and Child Health has nine community-based field sites across Pakistan (including five in Karachi) and focuses on research for the betterment of women and child health. The Department has a Nutritional Research Laboratory as well as an Infectious Disease Research Laboratory that caters to the needs of its research projects. It has well-acclaimed work to its credit both at the national and international level.
The department is going to implement a community-based research project in 8 districts of Pakistan in collaboration with government stakeholders and International Agencies on Polio eradication.
You will be responsible for overall coordination of the research projects which involves to prepare, update project documents, communicate with collaborators and investigators, implement research projects in field, conduct data analysis and compilation of project reports. Specific responsibilities include to:
- implement and supervise research projects, develop instruments for data collection and monitoring
- share progress of the projects, supervise data entry activities, coordinate with laboratory management for specimen testing and reporting
- carry out field visits as part of quality assurance in data collection procedures
- contribute in research communication by publication of information generated through project activities in peer reviewed journals
- work closely with administrative staff to ensure discipline, sufficient supplies and availability of project staff at the field sites
- contribute to analysis and synthesis of evidence for systematic reviews of research and provide editorial support for and contribute to the quality assurance of summaries, proposals and reports
- coordinate for recruitment and training of research staff as per projects' requirements
- observing, resolve and report to higher management along with solutions of identified problems for efficient performance at field sites
- liaise with community stakeholders and project staff of all tiers to ensure smooth running of projects’ activities within the settings.
You should have:
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Health Policy & Management, Public Health, Healthcare or Sociology
- at least ten years of perse corporate experience with at least eight years of research management experience at senior level preferably in healthcare or research organization of good repute
- comprehensive knowledge of modern research tools and techniques
- excellent project management skills including ability to lead work force and manage resources effectively
- strong management and supervision skills
- excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to present complex ideas and information in clear and meaningful form to various stakeholders
- excellent ability to manage multiple tasks effectively under work pressure
- willingness for extensive travelling nationally and internationally, including deputation there as well, and travelling to various field sites for monitoring and supervision.