Senior Technician, Department of Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology or Equivalent(Electrical Engineering: Light Current) specializing in Instrumentation & Control
- At least five (5) years relevant industrial experience
- Bachelor of Technology Degree or Equivalent (Electrical Engineering: Light Current) specializing in instrumentation and control.
- At least three (3) years relevant industrial experience.
- To coordinate and implement the effective operation, administration and maintenance of designated laboratories in the Department of Electronic Engineering.
- To support academic staff in the running of student practical sessions.
Summary of Duties:
- Must be competence in the repair of basic electronic test and computer equipment.
- Must be able to maintain software and hardware on a small computer network running high level software applications.
- Must have a working knowledge of software used in instrumentation analysis and project design.
- Must have good communication skills – written /verbal/ presentation in English.
- Must be able to work independently and achieve result on time.
- Must be able to plan and schedule work efforts including management of resources and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be aware of electrical safely issues within the department.
- Place orders for new equipment and maintain an accurate asset register.
Senior Technician: R200100 to R334980 p.a, plus benefits
Technician: R172728 to R 289224 p.a, plus benefits
Contact Person: Ms Priya Naidoo, Tel 031 373 2524
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa