Postdoctoral Research Assistant (Research and Engagement), Endless Possibilities of Rejuvenation: D
Funded by an AHRC Leadership Fellowship, “Endless Possibilities of Rejuvenation: Defining Youth, Defying Ageing in Britain, 1919-1948”, the project is led by Dr James Stark and explores the history of rejuvenation and anti-ageing in interwar Britain, bringing together perspectives from histories of medicine, gender and the body, as well as the wider medical humanities to explore diverse methods of slowing, stopping and reversing the ageing process in historical context.
Taking an active role in the research life and culture of the department, you will have three main areas of responsibility:
- Working in collaboration with the three project partners – Boots, the Thackray Medical Museum and the National Trust – to develop and deliver public engagement activities, displays and online resources based on the research associated with the project.
- Carrying out original research and pursue publications related to the overall theme of the Fellowship.
- Working closely with Dr Stark to organise and facilitate a workshop and conference.
Appropriate mentorship and career development support will be provided as part of the role. Candidates whose research background intersects with the concept of rejuvenation and/or ageing in historical and/or literary contexts are especially encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Art and Humanities Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom