Trainee Occupational Therapist
Physiotherapy department at Aga Khan University provides comprehensive services to assist adults and children in overcoming physical, neurological and cognitive impairments, disabilities and handicaps. Trainee Occupational Therapy programme at AKUH is unique in a sense that it helps to equip fresh graduates for initiating and establishing their careers in Occupational Therapy. The one year programme offers didactics and hands on Occupational therapy experience in the areas like Pediatric Rehabilitation, Neurological Rehabilitation, Orthopedic Rehabilitation and Advance Rehabilitation etc.
Aga Khan University Hospital invites applications for the position of Trainee Occupational Therapist.
Trainees will be provided exposure in the following areas:
- Assist in handling patients with physical problems caused by illnesses, disabilities and injuries.
- Assist in evaluation and formulating occupational therapy treatment plan.
- Consult and collaborate with physicians and other medical professionals in providing Occupational Therapy treatments.
- Provide quality Occupational Therapy treatment to the highest possible levels.
- Educate patients and their families about treatment interventions and home exercises.
- Compliance with organizational policies and standards of quality care.
- Maintain and update patient records and documentation.