Microsoft Systems Engineer
Our standing as NZ's leading tertiary institution is the result of our people. We are currently searching for a talented Systems Engineer to join our Microsoft Services Team. ITS at The University of Auckland supports one of NZ’s largest and most complex IT environments with close to 50,000 end users.
This role will work in a team responsible for the operational delivery, administration, and implementation of backend Windows applications and services running on servers. As a more senior role it is expected to have an enhanced focus on continuous improvement and project delivery.
In alignment with the University IT Service Delivery Model, this role is responsible for supporting the implementation, upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of services within ITS. The successful candidate will be managing, maintaining, and providing system administration 2nd and 3rd level support for systems and software, and ensuring that systems and services operate efficiently and effectively, meeting all required Service Level Agreement targets. The successful candidate will also be investigating and owning escalated incidents and requests to resolution, and fulfilling and managing project plans or work requirements as directed.
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- An understanding of the ITIL framework.
- Excellent knowledge of Directory Services concepts, and an understanding of file and directory security.
- Excellent knowledge of server and desktop operating systems, including installation, configuration and upgrades.
- Excellent knowledge of server and desktop based applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise configuration and management tools.
- Thorough understanding of web technologies and related issues.
- Good knowledge of HA configurations and impacts.
- Working knowledge of network protocols and technologies including DHCP, DNS and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of SAN technologies.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems autonomously.
- Excellent organisational skills that allow the day to day planning of activities for projects.
- Great interpersonal skills and able to deal with a wide range of people and skill sets.
- Strong work ethic and able to work well under pressure.
- IT related professional qualification, or evidence of successful completion of post-secondary IT training courses.
- ITIL foundation certification.
- Industry standard Certifications in MS, Mac or Linux.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar IT-related qualification (Preferred).
- 5 years’ experience within the IT industry in a large and complex organisation.
- A minimum of 3 years server based systems and software experience.
Supported systems for this role include:
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Lync
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows file services
In return you will be offered a rewarding career with one of Auckland’s largest and most diverse employers.
A competitive remuneration & comprehensive benefits package are on offer to the successful applicant.
This is a Professional Level 6 position
The University has an equity policy and welcomes applications from all qualified persons.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students.
Applications for this role close on 21 October 2016
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Information Science and Technology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in New Zealand