Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Department Quantity Surveying and Construction Management
Department Quantity Surveying and Construction Management
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer
Job ID: 1813
Duties and responsibilities:
- Master’s degree in the Built Environment field preceded by an honours or equivalent degree in Construction Management or Building Science or Quantity Surveying or Engineering.
- Proven experience in the delivery of poster or oral presentations at conference or equivalent activities.
- Provide evidence of manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication, ideally in an accredited journal.
- A good academic record.
- PhD and Master’s degree in the Built Environment field, preceded by an honours or equivalent degree in Construction Management or Building Science or Quantity Surveying or Engineering.
- Proven experience in the presentation of papers / posters at national scholarly conferences.
- Proven national recognition for specialist expertise and research in a specific area of scholarship.
- A NRF rating or demonstrable potential for obtaining a NRF rating.
- Proven experience in supervision of graduated Master’s students.
- A proven research record of relevant publications in accredited national and international journals.
- Proven experience of service as an active member of a national or international scholarly society, or committee or agency concerned with research at higher education levels.
Assumption of duties: 1 January 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Closing date: 9 December 2016Salary: The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161 / 3592 / 3864.
Fringe benefits:(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits General: The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department / division. Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
Applications that are incomplete, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Art and Humanities Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa