PhD student position: Alzheimer's disease research
Recent publications of our lab include:
Co-expression of truncated and full-length tau induces severe neurotoxicity, Mol Psychiatry 2016. Amyloid-beta in the cerebrospinal fluid of APP transgenic mice does not show prion-like properties, Curr Alzheimer
The project aims at uncovering pathophysiological mechanisms underlying Alzheimer's disease using transgenic mice and by applying a variety of research techniques.
We are looking for a highly motivated, science-driven person with:
- A Master's degree in neuroscience, biology, biochemistry or a related discipline, preferentially obtained from a leading European university.
- Solid hands-on experience in protein-biochemistry (e.g. protein extraction, gel electrophoresis, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISA).
- Good communication and English language skills.
Additional expertise and/or knowledge in the following areas would be a plus:
- Histology: tissue preparation, staining (histochemical, immunohistochemical, immunofluorescence) microscopic analysis and image quantification.
- Molecular biology: gene cloning, protein expression, PCR, mouse genotyping.
- Laboratory animal experimentation: mouse colony management, handling, perfusion and in vivo experiments (FELASA B level).
We offer you
An exciting and responsible task in a dynamic, collaborative scientific environment. The possibility to bring in your own ideas and skills and to carry out experiments in modern research laboratories with access to diverse technologies.
This is a terminable position (100%). Start date: by agreement, 1.1.2017 or later. Applicants that qualify for an interview will be contacted by email.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland