Teaching Fellow in the History and Culture of the Ancient Near East
The Department of Classics, Ancient History and Archaeology is looking to appoint a teaching fellow (0.5 FTE) to teach undergraduate modules in the history and culture of the Ancient Near East including a module on Sumerian language and modules that include material culture. The position is a fixed-term appointment for one year from 1 September 2017.
The successful candidate will have: a PhD in an area relevant to the post or be near completion of a PhD; the expertise to teach in the area specified in the job particulars; experience of teaching in a university department or equivalent; experience of teaching undergraduate students in Assyriology; the ability to teach Sumerian language; fluent written and spoken English.
• Higher degree relevant to research or teaching area or equivalent qualifications
• High level analytical capability
• Ability to design and deliver module materials successfully
• Ability to assess and organise resources effectively
• Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Art and Humanities Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom