Director: IDEAS Lab
Director: IDEAS Lab (post level 5) (contract appointment: 5 years)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Four (4) year degree or equivalent in Education and/or Information Technologies.
- Five (6) years of related experience and a proven track record in the strategic development, integration and deployment of a broad spectrum digital learning projects.
- A track record in managing a complex e-portfolio, handling multiple priorities and managing a variety of resources in a fast-paced, changing environment, while working with multiple stakeholders in projects.
- Successful record of leadership and managing a diverse team.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and experience of internet broadcast and digital media.
- Knowledge of eLearning development tools (i.e. Brainshark, Captivate, Camtasia, Flash), standards (i.e. SCORM), and Learning Management Systems (i.e. Blackboard).
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of instructional design methodology and adult learning theory.
- High level of IT knowledge and experience in the use thereof within an educational environment.
- Advanced computer skills including but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and Learning Management Systems.
- High level of knowledge and experience in the field of learning of technology.
- Ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Organisational thoroughness and the ability to plan effectively.
- Performance management.
- Customer/Client focus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Experience in presenting ideas and deliverables to executives, internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent language proficiency in at least two official languages, of which English must be one.
- Strong writing skills in English.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team, as well as independently.
- Experience in the higher education sector.
- Experience in open and distance education.
- Advanced knowledge of instructional design methodology and adult learning theory.
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Term of office:
- Five (5) years, with the possibility of reappointment for a further term.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
04 August 2017
The salary scale is available on request.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Please indicate the reference number and the post you are applying for on your application. Applications with no reference number will not be considered.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Information Science and Technology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa