Research Associate glass microelectrode recording of central nervous system neurones
We seek a neurophysiologist with single cell recording skills to join a multi-disciplinary research team making novel electroceutical devices for providing therapeutic benefit in conditions of cardiovascular disease. The team includes physiologists, neurophysiologists, physicists, electrical engineers and cardiologists and is part of a major European research consortium.
The purpose of the position is to generate current and voltage clamp data from brainstem respiratory neurones and networks using unique stimulation protocols. These data will be used to build both mathematical models and silicon neurones embedded in an artificial central pattern generator that will be subsequently implanted into animal models of human disease to control cardiac function, respiration and blood pressure.
You should have some experience with glass microelectrode recording of central nervous system neurones (extracellular and intracellular). Applicants with additional neuronal mathematical modelling skills and whole cell patch clamp experience are encouraged to apply.
You should have a PhD (or soon to be awarded) in a relevant discipline and extensive directly relevant lab experience
The position is for 3 years and funded by Horizon 2020.
For informal enquiries, please contact: Professor Julian FR Paton (44-(0)117 331 2275, Julian.F.R.Paton@Bristol.ac.uk) or Dr Alain Nogaret (44-(0)1225 385609, A.R.Nogaret@bath.ac.uk)
The closing date for applications is midnight on Tuesday 29 August 2017
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom