Research Associate Social Sciences
The Department of Community Health Sciences (CHS) is the leading unit of its type in Pakistan, recognized regionally and internationally for the relevance, quality and extent of its work in support of public health and the development of primary health care systems.
The Department of CHS is conducting a study entitled “Primary Care Strategies to reduce High Blood Pressure” – A Cluster Randomized Trial in District Thatta, Rural Pakistan, in selected Union Councils. The study aims to reduce high blood pressure among adult population and to improve cardiovascular health in high risk groups. This will be achieved through trainings of the lady health workers, public & private health care providers in standard hypertension management guidelines and healthy lifestyle counseling.
You will be responsible for:
- performing data editing on regular basis for multiple studies
- assisting in study questionnaire development, its piloting and finalization
- trainings and refreshers of data collectors
- data editing on regular basis for multiple studies
- providing feedback to data collectors on regular basis
- carrying out random checks/audits to ensure compliance with quality assurance procedures
- assisting data management staff in data management activities i.e. data cleaning and authentication of cases
- making phone calls to discuss/inquire with the field staff regarding data errors
- visiting field site as and when required or directed by Supervisor
- maintaining the edit logs and reports as per project standards
- assisting the study PI in qualitative data collection and its transcription etc.
You should have:
- a Masters degree in Social Sciences
- three to four years of relevant experience specifically in data quality assurance
- good written and oral communication skills
- ability to work under pressure
- proficiency in use of computer software
- command over Sindhi language will be an asset
- ability to maintain confidentiality.