Lecturer - Department of Anatomy
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ANATOMY
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be required to:
- Teach Human Anatomy and Embryology at tertiary level;
- Be intimately involved in research in a related field.
- A medical or dental degree or alternatively a related scientific degree on MSc level;
- At least two years’ teaching experience in Human Anatomy and Embryology;
- Research experience in the Human Anatomical sciences;
- Registration with HPCSA if qualified as a Dentist or Medical Doctor;
- Member of ASSA (Anatomical Society of Southern Africa) or an equivalent professional society.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A strong and proven record of research and postgraduate student supervision in Human Anatomy and Embryology.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online following the apply online button below.
14 August 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Prof MC Bosman, Tel: (012) 319 2233
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa