Senior Research Associate: Physical activity
The School for Policy Studies is seeking a Senior Research Associate to project manage the B-PROACT1V follow-up study. The role is central to the success of this British Heart Foundation funded cohort study. The main task will include managing the collection of physical activity, questionnaire and blood pressure data from approximately 2000 children in 47 schools, managing two project fieldworkers and liaison with schools. The post holder will be centrally involved in the analysis of the data and lead the preparation of high impact publications. They will be accountable for ensuring that the project is conducted to the highest possible standards.
You should have significant background knowledge and experience in physical activity research; excellent reporting skills; experience of measuring physical activity in young people; and good analytical skills and the ability to pro-actively and creatively implement solutions to complex problems. A PhD in Physical Activity, Public Health, Epidemiology or related field is essential.
This is an open-ended post with fixed term funding until 31 August 2019.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on 31 August 2017.
It is expected that interviews will take place on 12 September 2017.
For informal enquiries please contact Professor Russ Jago (Russ.Jago@bristol.ac.uk or tel: +44 (0)117 9546603).
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Allied Health and Social Care Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Therapy Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom