Future Student Advisor
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- HEO6 ($75,316 - $81,548)
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with the ability to express complex matters in an accurate and concise form.
- Experience in delivering engaging presentations to various market segments.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A strong customer-centred approach and service delivery skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage key stakeholders and role model leadership behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience in administration procedures, with proven ability to think analytically, plan effectively and manage conflicting workloads.
- High degree of computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other business software applications.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to provide support to projects and/ or, recruitment activities.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
Building on its history of academic excellence, the University is preparing to deliver a reinvigorated education proposition that is second to none in Australia. To do this we require imaginative, dynamic and skilled people.
The Office of Academic and Student Engagement drives the achievement of the University's strategic goals in relation to learning and teaching. This includes ensuring that students have a quality experience and investing in the ongoing professional development of academic staff.
The Division is comprised of five key portfolio areas led by: the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning); Pro Vice-Chancellor (International); Dean, Indigenous Research and Education Strategy; University Librarian and the Executive Director, Division of Academic and Student Engagement.
The Executive Director, Division of Academic and Student Engagement portfolio area is responsible for overall strategic management of the division. It provides leadership and direction to functional areas such as Student Services and Administration, Children’s University, Student Recruitment and Admissions and Professional and Continuing Education.
The Student Recruitment and Admissions Services is located within the Division of Academic and Student Engagement and is responsible for ensuring the University is able to recruit and admit high quality students to its programs from a wide range of markets domestically and internationally.
The Future Student Advisor (FSA), working under general direction is responsible for implementing, participating and supporting engagement strategies across a number of recruitment projects within metropolitan, regional and country South Australia and selected interstate markets. The FSA will cultivate, build rapport and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support positive outcomes for the university. The FSA is required to travel, visit schools, attend parent nights, expos and career markets within South Australia and as required. The FSA will report on student engagement trends and opportunities for program marketing and promotion within their area of responsibility to the Manager, Domestic Recruitment. The FSA is a member of the Domestic Recruitment team in Student Recruitment and Admissions Services.
Salary: HEO6 ($75,316 - $81,548)
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies
Term of position: 12 month fixed term
To be successful you should have:
A full driver’s licence is required.
This is a prescribed position under the Children’s Protection Act 1993 (SA) that requires a child-related employment screening clearance as a condition of appointment.
- A good understanding of the education environment, especially tertiary sector.
A degree with at least 4 years subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Mrs Young-Ae Turner, Manager, Domestic Recruitment, telephone: 8313 8299 or email: young email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 16 August 2017 5.00 pm
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.