Associate Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Statistics
- Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Statistics (1 position available)
- Prestigious International University
- Wide Range of Employee Benefits
- A PhD or equivalent in an area of Statistics or a related field is required for appointment at Level B and Level C.
- An active research program in an area of Statistics.
- Enthusiasm and ability to teach at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of consulting, advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work, within seven Schools, including:
The School of Mathematical Sciences is one of seven schools that make up the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences. It offers an intellectual environment, developing students with skills in high-level mathematics. The School is responsible for teaching the Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences program with specialisations in pure mathematics, applied mathematics and statistics, as well as providing high quality service teaching into other degree programs. The School provides an active and vibrant research environment and is internationally known for its research across all three of its disciplines.
Within Statistics, the School has particular research strengths in biostatistics, bioinformatics, multivariate analysis and applied statistics. We are seeking an outstanding individual who will join our School to support its program of teaching and research in Statistics.
Salary: (Level A) $65,894-$89,425 / (Level B) $94,135 - $111,788 / (Level C) $115,310 - $132,966 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% applies.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact A/Prof Gary Glonek, Head, School of Mathematical Sciences, telephone: + 61 8 8313 3218 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: 1 September, 2017 at 5pm
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Mathematics and Statistics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia