Postgraduate Advisor (Recruitment and Events)
The Postgraduate Recruitment team plays a key role in recruiting high-quality students from the UK, EU and overseas onto University of Birmingham postgraduate courses.
The Postgraduate Advisor supports the delivery of the University’s PG student recruitment targets by providing advice and guidance to prospective students at student recruitment events in the UK and EU, and by creating and distributing valuable and relevant content to attract and acquire students. As a result, you must possess strong organisational, communication and customer-service skills. A clear understanding of the nature of postgraduate study, the application process and other related issues is also essential.
This role will support the Postgraduate Recruitment Officer in delivering recruitment activities, including: our attendance at recruitment fairs in the UK and EU, on-campus events and advice sessions, project management of the postgraduate Virtual Open Day platform and student-support scheme, and budget administration. The post holder will also support conversion activities, including pre-applicant and offer-holder events. The role will be line managed by the Postgraduate Recruitment Officer (UK).
You will be responsible for a number of operational activities within the Postgraduate Recruitment team, and will be required to maintain and develop general knowledge and awareness of the entire postgraduate course portfolio at the University of Birmingham.
- Degree-level education
- Demonstrable effective planning, organisational and time-management skills, with the capacity to handle multiple projects and conflicting deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of copywriting/proof reading
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent IT skills and ability to learn new processes
- A good understanding of the Higher Education sector and its qualifications frameworks (in the UK and overseas)
- A clear understanding of the nature of postgraduate study (taught and research), the application process and other related issues
- Experience/appreciation of the issues relating to postgraduate student recruitment
- Ability to travel within the UK and Europe and to work unsocial hours when required
- Experience of a customer-facing role an advantage
- Experience of administrating budgets and of project management would be an advantage