Internships Support Officer
- Do you have exceptional communication skills with attention to detail?
- Do you enjoy working with students?
- Great opportunity to work with one of South Australia’s biggest employers
The Faculty of the Professions is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is comprised of the prestigious Adelaide Law School, the School of Architecture and Built Environment, the Adelaide Business School, the School of Economics, the Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre, the Institute of International Trade and the Centre for Global Food and Resources.
The Student Experience team provides a range of services to students and industry in providing student internships and developing employability skills. The team is passionate about building networks, graduate employment and matching the best students with the right employer.
Working under general direction, the Internships Support Officer supports the provision of services across the Student Experience team by providing administrative and student support that underpins the delivery of internship activities for the Faculty’s coursework programs. The position maintains system data and records, responds to queries and provides information to students and staff.
An exciting opportunity currently exist to join our Student Experience team in the position of Internships Support Officer. You will contribute to the provision of administrative and student services across the Student Experience team that underpins the delivery of internship activities for the Faculty’s coursework programs. The position maintains system data and records, responds to queries and provides information to students and staff.
You should have excellent organisational skills and a strong attention to detail as well as experience in customer service.
Salary: (HEO4) $59,735 – $65,704 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately for 12 months.
To be successful you should have:
- Experience in contributing to the delivery of a range of student related and/or administrative functions including excellent organisational and time management skills to prioritise and manage work and a strong attention to detail.
- Developed interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal) including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a responsive manner to provide effective and responsive customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated high level skills in the use of computers and computer software, including standard MS Office applications.
- Proficient user of the University’s systems, including student, CareerHub, HR and travel (desirable).
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Lexie Scott-Glenn, Manager, Internships and Employability, telephone: (08) 8313 2256 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 17 September 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.