Senior Researcher - Swisspeace
The swisspeace Peacebuilding Analysis & Impact Program strengthens the capabilities of international actors to work effectively in conflict contexts. Its practice-oriented work is supported and critically informed by research findings, as much as its research agenda is tailored to address ongoing challenges of peacebuilding practice. The current research interests focus on the one hand on developing innovative methodologies for understanding and measuring impact. On the other hand, they aim at understanding the power politics of the impact measurement and results-orientation discourses, including their unintended negative side effects on local actors and effectiveness.
- Design innovative research projects, acquire research funding from Swiss and international research funding bodies;
- Generate high quality research output, both in terms of publications and of scientific communication (participation in international conferences, networking, etc.) and thereby, contribute to the institution's international research profile;
- Supervise and support MA and PhD students;
- Teaching in swisspeace courses offered at the University of Basel at the graduate and postgraduate level;
- Contribute actively to the exchange of knowledge and a dialogue between research, practice and policy through workshops, practice oriented consultancies and trainings;
- Contribute to shaping and implementing swisspeace's overall strategic development and visibility.
- PhD in political science, international relations, sociology, history, social anthropology or a related discipline, with particular interest and expertise in understanding and measuring peacebuilding impact;
- Sound expertise in state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative approaches of measuring impact;
- Excellent research track record with single and first-authored publications in top-ranked academic journals;
- Proven ability to acquire research funding;
- Links with Universities and research institutions in Switzerland and abroad;
- Strong interest in exchanges between research, policy and practice, and in supporting the successful implementation of ongoing mandates and practice projects;
- Excellent written and spoken English. German and French are strong assets.
We offer you
- Attractive working conditions in a small, professional and dynamic team and a workplace in the heart of Bern, Switzerland
- An inspiring job in an attractive and international field of work with political relevance
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Art and Humanities Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland