Post Doctoral fellowship in Cellular Biology
This project should use cellular and molecular biology methodologies, the main one being the regular cell culture and also in 3D, to study what or which events of the cytoplasmic network will be activated or not after the binding of melanin-concentrating hormone (MCH) to its receptor 1 (MCHR1) present in the mammary gland cells of rat dams.
For the development of this project, full-time dedication will be demanded from the postdoctoral fellow. The fellowship will be valid for 24 months (from 08/01/2017 to 07/31/2022).
Qualities and experience required:
- Interested candidates must have completed their Ph.D. in an area related to the intended project
- Must be independent, be able to interact with the work team and good communication
- Have independence in the English language (reading, writing, spoken and hearing)
- The position requires previous experience in Cellular and Molecular Biology and also some knowledge of Biochemistry. It is also desirable for the Applicant to have the ability to manipulate livestock (primarily rat) animals and experience in regular cell culture.
Requirements and benefits are available at fapesp.br/bolsas/pd. The candidate will be assessed by means of his/her CV and letters of recommendation. In case more details are needed, an interview face-to-face or via Skype can be scheduled.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive from the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP, Thematic Project 2016 / 02224-1) a Post-Doctoral fellowship worth of R$ 7,714.80 a month, as well as a research contingency fund equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
More information about the fellowship is at fapesp.br/oportunidades/1711
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows:BrazilEligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence:AllEligibility of fellows: nationality/ies:All
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Biochemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil