Assistant Professor of Computational Biology
The Systems and Computing Engineering Department of Universidad de Los Andes is looking for candidates for a tenure track position in the field of formal methods to carryout research in computational biology. The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related fields.
These are the responsibilities of this position:
- Support teaching existing courses and design new courses both for the undergraduate program and for the master’s program computational biology.
- Establish a new, independent and well financed research program in computational biology. This program should, eventually become recognized in the field through publications in top tier international journals.
- Actively contribute to development activities of the Department and its graduate school, mainly in the field of computational biology. This entails: participation in research and academic committees, organizing forums and conferences, participate in promotion and scouting activities, academic coordination of study programs, and academic advising and mentoring of students.
- Research advisor for undergraduate graduation project, master’s and Ph.D.
The successful candidate should have solid training in bioinformatics. He or she will make part of the formal methods group and should interact with other professors and researchers in the group. He or she should both be able to work independently and be motivated to work in group in a multi-disciplinary environment.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Colombia
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Colombia
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Colombia
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Colombia
- Information Science and Technology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Colombia