Director, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology
On behalf of Bob Wilmott, MD, Chair of Pediatrics, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, MillicanSolutions, LLC, a leader in academic pediatric executive search is excited to announce the national search for qualified candidates for the Director of the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology.
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital and Saint Louis University School of Medicine continues to serve the clinical needs of the greater St. Louis area while making significant investments into the development of academic research initiatives. The next director will have opportunities to recruit both clinical and research faculty, develop research initiatives, and to plan significant programmatic enhancements due to the recent funding provided by SSM Health.
The ideal candidate should have a commitment to outstanding patient care and medical education and a proven capability for fostering academic research, faculty mentorship and development. Candidates should possess credentials for a faculty appointment at the Associate Professor/Professor rank. Applicants must be board-certified in Pediatric Endocrinology and be eligible for licensure in the State of Missouri.
- One of 15 centers participating in the NIH-funded TODAY (Treatment Options for type 2 Diabetes in Adolescents and Youth) study with retention rate of 89.7% of randomized participants (compared to 71.2% study-wide) for TODAY 2 phase 2.
- Strong clinical programs with large patient referral network for future trials.
- The recent recruitment of a new division director for adult endocrinology and the integration of Saint Louis University Hospital into the SSM Health St. Louis system provides a unique opportunity for collaborative programmatic development and research.
- Resource support to initiate the creation of a Certified Diabetes Center at SSM Cardinal Glennon.
- Stable and vibrant team of five Pediatric Endocrinologists, two Pediatric NPs, and five clinical nurses/nurse educators, with support from two registered dieticians, a dedicated social worker, and a psychologist.
- Support for research from the Dean and Chair of Pediatrics using the facilities at SLU http://rpc.slu.edu/
- Resources to recruit two additional faculty members within the next three years.
- Resource support to explore the addition of a pediatric endocrinology fellowship program.
- Close association with the Cortex Innovation Community, a vibrant hub of bioscience and technology research, development and commercialization.
- Excellent opportunity for mentoring and leadership development with a formalized program supported by faculty leadership and the Department.
For more information, please contact: Jennifer Schaulin, Vice President, MillicanSolutions, LLC, via email: Jennifer.Schaulin@millicansolutions.com or phone: 682-223-5782. All inquiries will remain confidential without your prior approval.
The Division of Pediatric Endocrinology provides services for complex endocrine system disorders with major clinical programs focused on growth disorders, Turner Syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Lipid Disorders, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, and metabolic bone disease in a comprehensive and state-of-the-art facility. The Division is an official referral center for the newborn screening programs for the states of Missouri and Illinois and has recently developed a highly successful program to transition adolescents with diabetes to adult care.
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a 195-bed hospital located in St. Louis, MO, affiliated with Saint Louis University School of Medicine (SLU). The SLU Department of Pediatrics has approximately 120 full-time faculty & 20 part-time faculty.