Research Fellow in Pure Mathematics
We are looking for a Research Fellow to join our project “Univalent type theories: models, equalities, and coherence”, which seeks to advance Homotopy Type Theory by investigating univalent type theories. In particular, the project seeks to study homotopy-theoretic semantics, explore their computational aspects, and develop their connections with higher-dimensional category theory. Our research on semantics will focus on algebraic counterparts of Cisinski model categories, computational aspects on the contrast between judgemental and propositional computation rules for inductive types, and higher-dimensional category theory on issues of coherence.
You will contribute to the project by carrying out original research, preparing research papers for publication in international journals and conference proceedings, and giving research seminars and conference talks.
You will have a PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science or a closely allied discipline, alongside experience inType Theory, Category Theory or Homotopy Theory. You will also have the ability to conduct independent research and a developing track record of publications in international journals. In addition, you will have excellent communication, planning and team working skills.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Dr Nicola Gambino, Associate Professor in Pure Mathematics
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 5143, email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Mathematics and Statistics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom