Exciting role as a Polymer Chemist - Harlow
NonStop are working in partnership with a large chemical company who are looking for Chemists of all experiences to join their team and develop their coatings sector. You will have the chance to work on multiple projects, centred around innovation, which will keep the job interesting; even at senior level, you will be learning new things and expanding your portfolio. The company also encourages language courses and allows for international mobility between their European centres, giving you the opportunity to work in different countries and gain exposure on an international scale. The travel flexibility will guarantee the role will never get boring. This can also benefit you if you wish to one day move abroad or take on a regional position, which the company will help train you up for.
The perfect candidate will:
- Drive the technical elements of product development for the Speciality Additives business and technologies, including synthesis and application of specialty diol and oxo products, and specialty polyester synthesis.
- Coordinate technical work associates with multiple projectsand lead technically focussed projects.
- Have a detailed understanding in specific related technical areas, in particular polyester resin coating and organic diol synthesis, and is able to both apply this knowledge effectively and bring new thinking to the organisation in these areas.
- Will make recommendations for new development projects and potential new application areas in consultation with Technical and Commercial colleagues.
- Works closely with Commercial team (especially Technical Service Manager and Product Manager) to provide application and formulation data to support new and existing business.
- Will take day to day responsibility for laboratory safety, particularly around the handling and use of Butadienene and organometallic reagents. Ensure that all personnel act in accordance with company's SHE directive's.
- Degree in chemistry or related field (2.1 or above preferred)
- 2 years+ experience working ideally in an industrial R&D environment for a senior position
- Background in coatings for a junior position
- Good working knowledge of English
If it sounds like this may be the role for you, please send your CV in Word format to Kai Bokth at K.Bokth@nonstop-recruitment.com. As the interview process has already started, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible so as to not miss this great opportunity.