Hours: 16+ per week
Location: Central Oxford
Reporting to: CEO
We are an Oxford based company running an international jobs board for academics and researchers. Higher Education is expanding worldwide and, with projects planned for 2018, we need to grow our team. Right now, we are looking for a new colleague to build our sales and marketing capacity. This is an exciting and very varied role with scope to use your existing expertise and learn new skills. Our dynamic market ensures that our days are never dull and there are opportunities to contribute to strategy and growth as the business moves forward to the next phase.
We are looking for an energetic and creative Account Manager, ideally with both sales and marketing experience, to join our close-knit team. We work out of a small office in the centre of Oxford. The role is currently part-time, with potential to increase hours later in the year.
- Contact new and existing clients to help them choose, buy and manage the best advertising packages for their needs.
- Use CRM system and digital tools such as mailing lists, to effectively manage sales pipeline.
- Research new opportunities.
- Communicate with existing clients, candidates, partners and prospects to grow the business using phone email, electronic direct mail etc.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Research experience.
- Confidence to contribute to a fast-paced team.
- Internal sales in an academic or publishing environment.
- Data management for sales or marketing.
- Copy writing or other communications work for an academic audience.
- CRM system administration or management.
- Electronic direct mail (bulk email campaigns) expertise.
- Other skills that would be of interest include languages, a background in digital or computer science, writing or research.
Please tell us in your CV or your cover letter which of the above skills and experience you can offer. We are looking for sales and marketing experience and we know that not everyone will have experience in everything. Let us know what you can bring to the role.
Salary and advantages
- £26,000 pro-rata per annum.
- Pension scheme (NEST).
- 30 days holiday entitlement, pro-rata, including bank holidays.
- Stunning riverside central Oxford location. Good public transport links. No parking so our waistlines and carbon footprints stay small.
- Supportive environment with space for professional growth.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please send your CV and covering letter to RecruitandHR@globalacademyjobs.com. Please provide references. Referees will only be contacted later in the selection process.
We will contact you promptly for an initial informal meeting and, if you are successful at this stage, you will be invited for a formal interview in the New Year.
If the position interests you please contact us quickly as, once we have received sufficient qualified applications, we will close this round of recruitment.
Please get in touch if you would like more information.