Therapeutic Care Worker needed in Residential home
I am a specialist recruitment consultant who is currently focusing on the south east of England; through working in this area I have developed good and lasting relationships with clients in the surrounding area, meaning I have developed knowledge to what the area and the clients need.
A charity run residential home for children, needs three Therapeutic Care Workers to aid in the running of the residential home, responsibilities include;
* Develop practices and work responsively to support children in achieving their potential
* Engage with the children in pursuing education, play, hobbies, and interests
* Support children to manage themselves and their behaviours enabling them to recognise the impact of their actions on themselves and others using reflection and approved therapeutic methods of intervention
* Develop safe, professional supportive and nurturing relationships with the children
Experience within the Therapeutic Care Worker paradigm is ideal, but full training is provided on sight, to be successful in applying to this role you must have at least one years experience in;
* Support work within a children's residential home
* Special educational needs - be it children with autism or children with behavioural difficulties
This can be a very demanding but rewarding job, the client understands the difficulties that could occur so offers benefits of;
* Full training - this includes the option to be trained as a qualified child psychotherapist and gain your degree at this level, meaning the further development of your knowledge and experience
* 40 days annual leave - the charity understands the job can sometimes be demanding so offers 40 days annual leave so that the staff can get the well deserved respite
* A clear progression pathway - this isn't just a job but a career with opportunities to become a deputy team leader, team leader and manager
Interviews are happening ASAP, let me know if you want to be considered for this position. If you are not interested in this role but know someone who could potentially fit the criteria, don't hesitate to pass them on to me.
Please contact me on 020 7940 2105 and ask for Liam Birtwistle or email me on L.Birtwistle@nonstop-recruitment .com