Assistant Operations Manager - Birmingham Law School
Birmingham Law School (BLS) is one of five Schools in the College of Arts and Law with over 1400 students and more than 70 staff. The Assistant Operations Manager is an exciting new post that will deputise for the College Operations Manager in ensuring the smooth day to day running of the School across a broad range of operational areas including research, education and business administration. The post-holder will be a dynamic and experienced manager with the ability to work in partnership with academic and professional services staff in order to pro-actively manage School business. The post holder will lead operations in in an effective, efficient, responsive and professional manner supporting the Head of School and School management team to deliver excellence in research and teaching.
- Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree, preferably in a Law/humanities subject or equivalent experience
- Significant experience of working within Higher Education administration and/or management
- Extensive experience of working in partnership with academic staff to deliver complex operational objectives
- Experience of working collaboratively with academic and professional services staff in a
- Higher Education context together with the ability to establish good working
- relationships with colleagues at every level of the organisation
- A clear understanding of the education and research agenda in Higher Education and its impact on the Law School
- Knowledge of the environmental, economic and political factors impacting on the wider Higher Education HE landscape
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing staff in operational activity
- A strong commitment to continuing professional development activity which may include management or leadership qualifications.
- Experience of data analysis and sourcing information to inform reporting for strategic planning
- Experience of managing budgets and following financial guidelines and regulations
- Experience of overseeing HR recruitment processes