Professor / Associate Professor and Head of Department (One post) - Department of Speech-Language P
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
DEPARTMENT OF SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY AND AUDIOLOGY
PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR AND HEAD OF DEPARTMENT (ONE POST)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- The strategic, academic and operational management of the Department;
- Promoting the Department’s research profile;
- Promoting good academic education and professional training;
- Promoting community engagement with vulnerable groups;
- Playing an active role as academic leader of the discipline at a national and international level;
- Fundraising for departmental activities.
- A Doctorate in Audiology or Speech-language Pathology;
- Experience in inter-disciplinary collaboration;
- A proven international research and publications record;
- A proven postgraduate supervision track record;
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (for international applicants, support can be provided for registration);
- Academic status in the relevant discipline;
- Experience in high-level liaison with internal and external stakeholders and professional boards;
- An appropriate vision for the Department;
- International recognition.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Strong leadership skills, as well as strong interpersonal communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Managerial experience at a tertiary institution;
- A strong research record in one of the Department’s research specialisation fields;
- Experience in the field of Public and Global Health;
- NRF rating.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
By applying, candidates agree to the appointment process as set out in the relevant UP policy document. This process can be accessed at http://www.up.ac.za/services/personnel/policies/w113E.doc.
Although candidates will be appointed permanently as Professor or Associate Professor, the headship is a fixed-term appointment of four years. Preference will be given to the incumbent for re-appointment for a second term.
31 January 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Prof Vasu Reddy, Tel: (012) 420 2360, or e-mail: email@example.com
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 March 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa