Senior Lecturer - Department of Dogmatics and Christian Ethics
FACULTY OF THEOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF DOGMATICS AND CHRISTIAN ETHICS
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Conducting scholarly research and cognate literature;
- Supervising master’s and doctoral students;
- Mentoring students at undergraduate level;
- Performing academic administration and management;
- Performing other duties as delegated by the line-manager.
- A doctoral degree in Systematic Theology / Dogmatics / Theological Ethics;
- At least three scholarly publications in accredited journals;
- At least three years’ tertiary or related teaching experience;
- A proven record of tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate level (submission of a teaching portfolio required).
The post level will be determined based on the candidate’s professional portfolio. The following standards are an indication of the applicable post level.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Specialised research in any area of Systematic Theology / Dogmatics / Theological Ethics with proven evidence of peer recognition.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Membership of at least one scholarly society;
- Proven record of supervision to completion of postgraduate students;
- Community involvement.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
8 January 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Prof DP Veldsman, Tel: (012) 420 5391, or e-mail: email@example.com
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 March 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.