PhD Studentship: Bismuth doped optical fibres: fabrication and development of ultra-broadband fibre
Two fully-funded PhD positions, sponsored by II-VI foundation (USA), are available for UK and EU applicants. We are seeking students with a background in physics/chemistry/engineering/materials science and a strong interest in optical fibre technology and/or laser technology to work on this ambitious project. A generous stipend of £19,300 per annum will be available for highly motivated students.
To informally discuss further about the project, or to arrange a visit to meet us and see our cutting edge fabrication facilities, then please contact Prof David Richardson (email@example.com) or Prof Jayanta Sahu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
first or upper second-class degree or equivalent
Applications should be received no later than 31 August 2018 for standard admissions, but later applications may be considered depending on the funds remaining in place.
Typically three years (full-time)
full tuition plus, for UK students, an enhanced stipend of £18,000 tax-free per annum for up to 3.5 years. www.orc.southampton.ac.uk/phd_funding.html
Eight-and 16-month reports and viva voce determine progression to PhD; progression reports, viva voce and thesis examination
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom