PhD Studentship (Natural Products Lead Discovery)
- You will be part of a multidisciplinary team (involving a total of 3 PhD students) aiming at the discovery of natural products targeting signalling pathways involved in melanoma cell proliferation.
- You will perform in-house state-of-the-art high-content screens in a collaboration with the University of Berne (Prof. Oliver Pertz).
- You will use our platform for HPLC-based activity profiling combining on-line (PDA, ELSD, MS/MS) and off-line (microprobe NMR) spectroscopy.
- Your will isolate active compounds identified in extracts and elucidate their structures.
- MSc degree or Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biology
- Keen interest in state-of-the-art analytical and spectroscopic methods
- Team player with interest in multi-disciplinary research
- Good command of German and English
We offer you
- A position in an international and highly productive research group
- Involvement with interdisciplinary drug discovery projects
For more information on the technology platform and current research, please consult our website at www.pharma.unibas.ch
Application / Contact
via Email only to
Dr. Eliane Garo and Prof. Matthias Hamburger
Pharmacenter of the University of Basel
Klingelbergstrasse 50, CH-4056 Basel, Switzerland
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland