PhD Studentship: Global Change Ecology
The key objective of the advertised position is to perform plant ecophysiological and biogeochemical measurements that will allow to identify how different plant species in temperate grasslands respond to and recover from drought events that occur at different times of the growing season. A specific focus of the project is to determine the time it takes for an ecosystem to fully recover from severe climate perturbations and to identify if possible compensatory effects exist that can buffer the immediate impact of drought, e.g. on ecosystem productivity.
We are looking for a dynamic, reliable and motivated PhD with a degree in biology, environmental sciences or related disciplines. The candidate should be willing to manage a large field experiment. Strong interest in process-oriented research in plant physiology, the ability to work analytically with large datasets and the willingness to perform fieldwork are required for the position. In addition, a driver's license is a prerequisite to be able to reach the field sites. Teamwork within the group and project partners requires spoken and written English language skills.
We offer you
We offer a PhD position in an international and interdisciplinary research environment at the University of Basel. The candidate will closely collaborate with the Grassland Group at Agroscope Reckenholz-Tänikon Research Station ART (Prof. Lüscher). Salary and social benefits are provided according to University of Basel rules.
Application / Contact
Application deadline is February 28th 2018. Further information on the project can be obtained from Prof. Kahmen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland