PhD Studentship: Relationship between learners and learning in a variety of sport settings
This project can be offered either on a full-time or a part-time basis. Please email the prospective supervisor for more details.
This research programme is located in the broad area of Sport Pedagogy and focuses on the relationship between learners and learning in sport, physical activity and physical education contexts. The programme adopts a multidimensional approach in understanding behavioural change through the learning process. Projects presently being undertaken under this banner include: 1) examining the learning cultures of high performance coaches, 2) mentoring as a professional learning strategy, 3) community coaches as advocates of social action, and 5) community sport as a site for greater civic engagement.
To find out more about studying for a PhD at the University of Birmingham, including full details of the research undertaken in each school, the funding opportunities for each subject, and guidance on making your application, you can now order your copy of the new Doctoral Research Prospectus, at: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/drp.aspx
We welcome applications from Home/EU and overseas students. The University of Birmingham offers a number of competitive scholarships for students of the highest calibre. Further details are available at :
Students are also welcome to apply with their own funding for this project, either through their own person funds or by securing a scholarship.
Eligibility requirements: An Undergraduate Honours degree with a minimum classification of a 2.1 or equivalent and an English Language qualification for international students.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Allied Health and Social Care Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Therapy Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom