Lecturer in Early 20th Century English Literature
The University of Birmingham wishes to appoint a Lecturer in Early 20th Century English Literature with effect from 1st September 2018. The post is fixed-term until 30th June 2020. We seek an early career academic with a completed and successfully examined PhD, evidence of teaching experience, and a developing record of outstanding research that will complement and enhance existing Department strengths.
The successful candidate will have research expertise in early 20th Century English Literature. They will be interested in developing innovative approaches to research and teaching.
They will be expected to create and disseminate knowledge through initiating and conducting original research, through publication, and through developing and delivering undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. An interest in and strong experience of research impact and public engagement activity would also be an advantage. In addition the post holder will contribute to the department and school by undertaking academic administration as appropriate to the appointment.
- A PhD in a related field
- Extensive research/teaching experience and scholarship in early 20th Century English Literature
- Proven ability to devise, advise on and manage learning/ research
- Skills in managing, motivating and mentoring others successfully at all levels
- Experience and achievement reflected in a growing reputation
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in planning, undertaking and project managing research to deliver high quality results
- Extensive experience of applying and/or developing and devising successful models, techniques and methods
- Experience and achievement in knowledge transfer, enterprise and similar activity
- Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programmes
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in developing appropriate approaches to learning and teaching, and advising colleagues
- Experience and success in knowledge transfer, enterprise and similar activity that enhances the student experience or employability
- Ability to contribute to School/Departmental management processes
- Ability to assess and organise resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes