Postdoct on statistical techniques to model extreme behavior and Machine Learning
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.
Context and Mission
Applications are invited for PostDoc (part time) to conduct investigations on the prediction of extreme behavior in the context of the ERC-funded project Sustainable Performance for High-Performance Embedded Computing Systems (SuPerCom). ERC are one of the most prestigious projects a European researcher can be awarded (https://erc.europa.eu/about-erc/mission).
SuPerCom is a 5-year project funded by the European Union that starts in early 2018 and that involves around 10 researchers. The main objective is to propose a holistic multidisciplinary approach that addresses the challenge of providing high and sustainable performance with future embedded computers comprising high-performance hardware with unprecedented complexity levels.
This project involves research in statistical/probabilistic methods and machine learning techniques for embedded systems like those in automotive or space domains. Francisco J. Cazorla is the principal investigator (PI) of the project. For a complete list of publications of the PI, please visit: http://people.ac.upc.edu/fcazorla/
- Contribute to the research and application of statistical methods with emphasis on Extreme Value Theory and other techniques to model extreme behavior
- Co-advice PhD students on these topics.
- Provide support to all other researchers of the project using the tools on developed statistical methods
- Contribute to the research and application of machine learning techniques
- Co-advice PhD students on machine learning.
- Provide support to all other researchers of the project using the machine learning tools/libraries developed (and external ones) in the project
The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences Department.
We offer a partl-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, home office, fully support to the relocation procedures
Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
Starting date: asap
All applications must include:
A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references
A full CV including contact details
The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain