Researcher on Territorial Competitiveness
Orkestra was created in 2006 within the Deusto Foundation at the University of Deusto. The Institute is the result of the different strategic, private and public initiatives which converge with the aim of building competitive societies and enterprises as a key condition for prosperity and welfare.
Further information: www.orkestra.deusto.es
- Be part of a flexible team of professionals in Orkestra who develop local and international research projects on competitiveness and territorial development, aimed at having a positive effect on competitiveness and development in the Basque Country.
- Identify, define and develop local (in the Basque Country and Spain) and international (Horizon 2020 and other programmes of the European Commission) research programmes on competitiveness and territorial development.
- Interact with relevant stakeholders in identification, definition and development processes for projects with a potential to have an impact on competitiveness and territorial development.
- Draw up applied scientific documents related to the developed projects, to be published in impact journals, academic books and/or reports.
- Study of the evolution and key factors of the economic system structure and the behaviour of Basque competitiveness, focusing on aspects such as design and assessment of economic policies and their implementation in regional analysis.
- Contribute to Orkestra’s training activities in executive, master’s, PhD and ad hoc programmes.
Places available: 2
Location: Basque Country (Spain)
- A relevant PhD degree and applied research interests in the field of territorial competitiveness and economic development. Research interests should be aligned with one or more of the following areas: innovation and competitiveness policies, clusters, policy evaluation, governance, territorial strategies, statistical analysis of territorial competitiveness.
- Applications are also encouraged from those who don’t yet have a PhD but are in the process of undertaking one or interested in starting one related to the abovementioned areas.
- An ability to interact with relevant stakeholders to conduct research in a multicultural context, aware of the impact of research.
- Communication and synthesis skills, oral and written communication skills, analytical Skills and a mature and logical approach to problem-solving.
- A record of publications in indexed academic journals and/or evidence of the potential to develop a strong publication record will be highly valued.
- An excellent command of quantitative techniques and computer instruments and programmes will be considered as advantages. A capacity for teamwork, planning and keeping to regular schedules.
- An excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- A good knowledge of Spanish would be an asset (and/or willingness to learn it during the first year in the position).
Immediate start at the organisation, joining an international, dynamic and enthusiastic team of researchers researching and working on the improvement of competitiveness and territorial development. The contract will be annual, renewable for up to 5 years based on progress and assessments, with the possibility of having access to a permanent position if available. The category of the contract will be Research Assistant or Post Doc Researcher depending on the candidates' experience and qualifications.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain