PostDoc - Systems and Computing Department
Expected starting date: August 1st, 2018
Location: Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
The Systems and Computing Department is aware that new applications and information systems are exponentially growing as a result of the convergence of communication networks and computing systems. However, these applications are demanding efficient and secure routing management, whereby novel algorithms are required to accomplish these network requirements. In order to approach these issues, the Systems and Computing Department has decided to offer a postdoctoral position.
The research topics to be developed by the selected candidate during the postdoc can be the following:
- Distributed Algorithms for control and management in Communication Systems
- Routing and Resource Management
- Self-Organizing Networks
- Energy Efficiency in Wireless Networks
- Mobile Wireless Sensor Networks
- Quality of Service / Quality of Experience Optimization
- Software Defined Network
- Reliable Networks
- Networks Survivability against Failures, Congestion and Attacks
Interested applicants must have but are not limited to the following requirements/skills:
- Hold a PhD degree in System Engineering or in Computer Science or a closely related area.
- Strong Mathematical Modeling and Optimization techniques knowledge and experience.
- Solid algebraic modeling language programming skills.
- Use a variety of programming languages and software packages to flexibly and efficiently extract, clean, analyze, and visualize data and simulation results.
- Leadership and Communication skills.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Colombia
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Colombia
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Colombia
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Colombia
- Information Science and Technology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Colombia