EDF Fellow in High Temperature Structural Integrity
You will carry out experimental and/or theoretical/modelling research as part of the EDF Energy ‘High Temperature Centre’ (HTC) hosted by SMRG. The work of the HTC pertains to research activities in high temperature structural integrity issues associated with EDF’s fleet of Advanced Gas-cooled Reactors (AGRs); the work to date of the HTC has been essential in helping EDF support plant lifetime extensions and to develop structural integrity assessment codes and standards.
You will be expected to demonstrate research leadership across a portfolio of projects in the field of nuclear structural integrity at high temperature. You will collaborate closely with a wide range of internal and external colleagues in order to define, plan, deliver and report on a variety of research projects. You will report and communicate your research outputs in journal papers, conferences and at workshops and meetings with EDF Energy and potentially other organisations.
You will have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science (or closely related discipline) and show significant evidence of having developed and then delivered high-quality research projects in an academic and/or industrial context. You will have an excellent record of relevant publications in academic journals; a focus on high temperature structural integrity in metallic systems is desirable. Experience in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
- Creep constitutive model development
- Low Cycle fatigue/creep-fatigue
- Stress analysis methods
- Weld properties and assessment
- Probabilistic approaches and modelling
- Crystal plasticity methods
- Assessment of environmental effects
- Fracture mechanics
This post is offered on a full time open ended basis with funding up to March 2021.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place late February/early March 2018.
Informal enquiries can be made to Professor David Knowles (email@example.com)
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom