Medical Statistician (Mat cover)
The post holder will provide statistical advice and support to BCTU's clinical trial, diagnostic and test evaluation research programme that addresses a wide and interesting range of medical problems of practical relevance to patients, carers and health care providers. The post holder will work alongside a number of statisticians supporting studies within BCTU, under the mentorship of a senior statistician. The Unit is currently running studies in coloproctology, neurosciences, obstetrics and gynaecology, primary care, renal disease, surgery, burns, trauma and critical care.
- MSc or PhD in Statistics or a relevant higher degree.
- Experience (at least 2 years) of working as an applied medical statistician.
- Experience in medical statistics and clinical trials.
- Knowledge of diagnostic and test evaluation studies.
- Experience of applying statistical techniques e.g. linear, logistic and Cox regression, analysis of variance, repeated measures, survival analysis.
- Experience in statistical programming, preferably in SAS and/or STATA.
- Experience of computer-based database management and data extraction/ reporting techniques (preferably Access/SQL).