Taught Programmes Administrator
This post offers comprehensive administrative support to Taught Programmes within the College of Arts and Law and provides a service to the students & academic staff within the range of programmes offered. Based in a School, the post holder will develop a specialist knowledge of the programmes in their area and develop a wide range of skills both technical and administrative to ensure excellent customer service is provided. The post holder will work within a team of administrators who share responsibility for the activities in hand, but will also have the opportunity to lead on given tasks within that team.
- Proven track record of ability to integrate with and function effectively as part of a busy diverse and established team.
- Commitment to providing a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrate ability to use complex computer software.
- Willingness to service committees and the ability to take accurate minutes.
- Evidence GCSE English and Mathematics to a minimum of grade C, or have an equivalent qualification
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage a range of tasks simultaneously and prioritise own workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively and appropriately with a range of people, including staff, students and visitors
- Fast and accurate word processing skills with a good knowledge of other standard software including Excel.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently without direct supervision whilst also working well within a team.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A high degree of resourcefulness e.g. the ability to transfer existing knowledge to new situations to formulate a solution to a problem.
- An ability to independently and confidently seek out and apply University of Birmingham legislation.
- Flexibility towards duties and willingness to adopt different practices and sets of duties within the scope of and Taught Programmes Administrator as dictated by the needs of the College.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable in busy periods.