Research Fellow in Analytical Biochemistry
Do you have an established background in protein and lipid analysis?
Do you want to further your career in one of the UKs leading research intensive Universities?
This post will support the Mackie Research group in determining the role of multiscale structure on the kinetics and pathways of nutrient release. In many food related non-communicable diseases, risk is associated with repeated high levels of systemic exposure to specific components such as monosaccharides, fatty acids etc. In particular, the research group are interested in gastric phase behaviour, mucosal interactions and the role of bile. The focus of the group’s research on digestive fate has led to a requirement for a biochemist with the skills to undertake quantitative analysis of digesta produced using in vitro simulations of the upper gastrointestinal tract. In addition, the role of dietary fibre in the altering the bioaccessibility of nutrients is also under investigation involving planned collaborations with the faculties of Biological Sciences and Medicine and Health.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:Alan Mackie, Head of the School of Food Science and Nutrition,Tel: +44 (0)113 343 1420, email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom