Research Fellow in Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
Do you have an established background in numerical methods of multidimentional quantum mechanics and ultrafast dynamics of nonadiabatic reactions?
Do you want to further your career in one of the UK’s leading research intensive universities?
We are looking for a Research Fellow to join our EPSRC funded project, ‘A fully quantum theory of ultrafast chemical dynamics’. The project is focused on the development and applications of new methods of simulations of reaction dynamics of ultrafast processes. It develops and applies methods of ab initio Multiple Spawning and Multiconfigurational Ehrenfest developed in our group. In particular, we are interested in photodetachment of H atom from small heteroaromatic molecules.You will have a PhD in Chemistry or a closely allied discipline, or will have submitted your thesis before taking up the post.
You will also have experience in computational methods of quantum mechanics, in particular AIMC, MCE and CCS, and good computer programming skills.In addition, you will have the ability to conduct independent research and a developing track record of publications in international journals, as well as excellent communication, planning and team working skills.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Professor Dmitry Shalashilin, Professor of Computational Chemistry, Tel: +44 (0)113 343 7610, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Biochemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom