Direct Doctorate Fellowship in Physical Oceanography
The main objective is to understand the SAMOC variability, ranging from seasonal to decadal, in response to remote climate indices such as ENSO, Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO), Antarctic Oscillation (AAO).
Specific objectives are:
1. To assess the effect of local and large-scale atmospheric forcing in the wind-driven circulation in the South Atlantic;
2. To investigate the possible contribution to mesoscale variability, including westward propagating signals, to the fluctuations in the meridional volume transport, heat and freswater fluxes at the SAMBA line, using in-situ and satellite data and model output.
More information about this fellowship is at fapesp.br/oportunidades/1917.
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows:
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence:
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies:
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Physics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Mathematics and Statistics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil